If you’ve looked at the About Me section of Glamorous Gossip, you’ve probably seen the part where I said, “My love affair with coffee… well I will save that for another day and another blog!” Today is the day and the blog my friend. People ask me constantly which Starbucks drinks are my favorite. I am going to share lots of coffee drinks with you below. I hope that you’re as excited as I am about this coffee gossip!
MY TOP 10 FAVORITE STARBUCKS DRINKS & COPYCAT RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME
Don’t worry babe, I know that Starbucks isn’t always the most convenient way to get your coffee. It can be pretty expensive and sometimes it’s just too far out of the way! That is why I will put a few copycat homemade recipes below each of my favorite drinks from Starbucks for those days when Starbucks is just not an option for you.
Keep in mind that you can get any of these sugar-free or decaffeinated.
1. Iced Caramel Macchiato
If you know me or if you follow me on Snapchat, then you probably already know that this is my top favorite drink from Starbucks. I am actually sipping on one right now (pictured above.) My husband says that everyone that works at Starbucks knows me by name and they already know exactly what I’m going to order. This drink is fire! If I had a dollar for every time I have ordered one of these I would be rich. The vanilla-flavored syrup and the caramel drizzle at the bottom and over the top makes it sweet, but you still get the rich espresso flavor. It is the perfect combination of bitter and sweet. Now that you’re drooling, you should make a Starbucks run to try an Iced Caramel Macchiato. If you want it to be a little sweeter, add extra caramel. This will be your new obsession. You’re welcome 🙂
Homemade Iced Caramel Macchiato
What you’ll need: caramel, ice, milk, and expresso
- Pour some caramel (however much you’d like) into the bottom of your cup and down the sides…
- Carefully drop in a handful of ice and pour 1 cup of milk in…
- Slowly pour in about 2 shots of espresso or 80ml of strongly brewed coffee…
- Drizzle some caramel on top and ENJOY!
2. Iced White Chocolate Mocha
How did I ever live without trying this drink over ice? Those of you with a sweet tooth will love this one! It is super sweet, but so delicious!
Homemade Iced White Chocolate Mocha
What you’ll need: Torani white chocolate sauce, Torani white chocolate (chocolate bianco) syrup, milk, espresso, and ice.
-Combine 2 shots of chilled espresso, 1 cup of milk, 2 TBSP of Torani white choc sauce, and 1 TBSP of Torani white choc bianco syrup in a tall glass filled with ice and stir well. You can use 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee instead of the espresso if you’d like.
3. Vanilla Bean Affogato-style Frappuccino
Oh my, where do I even start?! You must try this frappe. It is an Italian inspired drink. In Italy, dinner is often finished off with gelato affogato – a scoop of Italian ice cream drowned in a shot of espresso. When I saw this on the menu, I couldn’t resist! It is truly as amazing as it sounds. It is my latest addiction and I’m not ashamed!
– I don’t have a homemade recipe for this one yet, but when I do create one I promise to share it with you!
4. Pumpkin Spice Latte
This is a fall inspired drink. You guys know that I love fall so of course I adore anything that sounds, tastes, or looks like fall! Get excited about this if you haven’t tried it before. Prepare yourself for an explosion of flavors. From pumpkin to cinnamon to nutmeg & clove and the whipped cream on top, it is like stuffing yo mouth full of pumpkin pie! What more could you ask for?
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
What you’ll need: milk, white sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and espresso
- Whisk together 1/2 cup of milk, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a boiling pan over low heat. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes… Whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of milk…
- Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove all the pulp…
- Return the mixture to the boiling pan and let simmer for 2 minutes (constantly whisking) then you can add your espresso to it and whisk for about 1 minute until foamy.
5. White Chocolate Mocha with peppermint
This is my favorite winter drink. A hot white choc mocha is so good when it’s cold outside. It just warms you from the inside out. When you add peppermint, it immediately tastes like Christmas. It is also my go-to drink for when I’m sick. Peppermint is a natural remedy for cold and flu with its antibacterial and antiviral properties. It soothes muscle aches, alleviates cough, and opens nasal passageways. Its pain relieving properties have been proven to reduce the impact of tension headaches and migraines. It also helps alleviate the indigestion and heartburn that result from overindulgence. I could go on and on about how amazing peppermint is, but I think you get the point!
Homemade Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha
What you’ll need: espresso or strong coffee, milk, white chocolate sauce, peppermint syrup, whipped cream, and crushed peppermint (optional)
- Heat 1 cup of milk in the microwave and add 2 TBSP white chocolate syrup…
- Add 1 TBSP of peppermint syrup and froth with a frother…
- Pour the hot mixture into 1 cup of espresso or strong coffee…
- Top it off with whipped cream and crushed peppermint.
6. Java Chip Frappuccino
Oh java chips, you have my heart! The Java Chip frappe is mocha sauce and java chips blended together with coffee and milk and ice, then topped with whipped cream and mocha drizzle. A super chocolatey, sweet treat that will leave you begging for more!
Homemade Java Chip Frappuccino
What you’ll need: chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, double-strength freshly brewed dark roast coffee, ice, and whipped cream
- Fill your blender half full with chopped or crushed ice…
- Set your whipped cream aside and add all of the other ingredients to your blender until it is all fully blended, thick and still icy…
- Pour into glasses and top it off with whipped cream and chocolate drizzles!
7. Iced Hazelnut Macchiato
I love hazelnut in all seasons.. winter, spring, summer, and fall. It always tastes so good! It is packed with a kick with its decadent flavors of rich vanilla and roasted hazelnut. Simply delicious!
Homemade Hazelnut Macchiato
What you’ll need: ground coffee, ice, hazelnut latte flavored liquid coffee creamer, and sweetener (optional)
- Brew 1/2 cup of ground coffee and let chill…
- Fill glasses with ice…
- Pour the chilled coffee over the ice…
- Pour in about 1 TBSP of the hazelnut latte creamer…
- Sweeten to desired taste.
8. Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino
The name of it says it all. STRAWBERRIES & CREME FRAPPUCCINO. Umm… SOLD! This drink definitely caught my attention. If you love strawberry milkshakes, this one is for you, babe! It is coffee-free. For all of you coffee haters out there, you’ll be a big fan of this one. It is super creamy, thick, and most of all it is super refreshing. The perfect treat on a hot day!
Homemade Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino
What you’ll need: Vanilla ice cream, frozen strawberries, strawberry syrup or jam, milk, ice, and whipped cream
- Grab your blender and add 2 cups of vanilla ice cream, 1 cup of frozen strawberries, 2 TBSP of strawberry syrup or jam, 1 cup of milk, and 1 cup of ice. Blend well…
- Pour into a glass and top it off with whipped cream and a drizzle of strawberry syrup!
9. Caramel Frappuccino
This drink is so basic, but so amazing! Yummy caramel syrup blended with coffee, milk, and ice with whipped cream and caramel drizzled on top makes this drink totally irresistible. I could drink these every single day. A caramel frappe a day keeps the doctors away. JUST KIDDING, but I wish that was true. It doesn’t sound very healthy to have one on the daily, but indulging in one every now and then will be perfectly fine. Drink up, buttercup!
Homemade Caramel Frappe
What you’ll need: strong coffee (frozen into cubes), milk, sugar, caramel syrup, and whipped cream
- In a blender, put in 1 cup of coffee cubes, 1/2 cup of milk, 3 TBSP sugar, and 2 TBSP caramel syrup. Blend until the coffee cubes are completely crushed…
- Pour into a glass and top it with whipped cream and caramel drizzles!
10. Cupcake Frappuccino
This wouldn’t be a complete blog if I didn’t mention my husbands’ favorite. Unfortunately, he doesn’t like coffee. I couldn’t tell you how many times he has tried a tiny sip of mine and almost vomited (and yes, he’s that dramatic lol.) He does love one thing from Starbucks and that is the Cupcake Frappe. I remember his first time ordering this drink. The guy that took his order jokingly said, “dude that drink is for girls, you need to drink something more manly. You need to drink real coffee.” If you know my Justin, you know that he is literally the manliest man ever… he just doesn’t like coffee. The cupcake frappe is as far as he will go! So every time he orders that we laugh about it. If you’re a coffee lover like me but your other half is not so crazy about it, just order this drink for him on every Starbucks date and you’ll live happily ever after!
– I don’t have a homemade recipe for this one yet either, but when I do create one I promise to share it with you!
I hope that this was very helpful for all of you coffee lovers out there who are looking for new drinks to try. These recipes are not all mine. I created a few and did lots of research on others to find the easiest and best recipes for you to make at home. I can’t wait to gossip with you again. See you next time, gorgeous!