As a makeup artist, my job is to create. I am constantly playing in makeup & creating new looks! I have made a decision to start sharing all different types of makeup looks with you lovely ladies & gentlemen on GLAMOROUS GOSSIP every Friday! I hope that you love these looks just as much as I love creating them. ♥️
ON MY FACE💁🏼:
- PRIMER: No matter what look I am going for, I always start with primer. If you have oily skin like I do, then primer is a must! There’s nothing worse than your makeup sliding around in your oil all day, YUCK! To prevent that from happening, I applied the Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer, 1 oz all over my face with my fingertips.
- FOUNDATION: For this look I applied the Lorac POREfection Foundation with a damp beautyblender ® Original Makeup Sponge Applicator I am LOVING this foundation! It only takes a few drops. My pores are huge but this foundation gives my skin a flawless, matte, & poreless finish & keeps me oil-free all day long!
- CONCEALER: Out of all steps, you cannot skip concealer, darling. Concealer will make you look totally awake and alive when you’re actually running off of no sleep and you’re half dead. Fake it until you make it GF! For this look I applied the It Cosmetics Travel Size Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer with a damp beautyblender ® Original Makeup Sponge Applicator I then set the concealer with my Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder, Naturally Neutral This technique is called “baking.” What this means is you’re going to apply a generous amount of translucent powder like the Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder, Naturally Neutral to the areas where you’ve applied the concealer. You will let it sit (or bake) on your skin for 5-10 minutes then you can dust it off with a powder brush. This amazing technique will prevent your concealer from creasing & it gives your skin a flawless finish. I am not big on highlighting & contouring, but baking is part of my daily routine! I like to use a very damp beautyblender ® Original Makeup Sponge Applicator to apply the translucent powder.
- POWDER: I swept the Nyx Cosmetics #NoFilter Finishing Powder all over my face with a MAC 182 brush. This powder is amazing!
- BRONZER: Like I said, I am not into contouring. I just think it is unnecessary unless you’re going to be in a photoshoot. It’s beautiful in photos, but in real life it can look pretty heavy and unnatural. Instead of a heavy contour, just sweep a pretty bronzer like the Too Faced Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer onto your temples and under your cheekbones with a MAC 138 brush like I did for this look. The rule is to apply bronzer to the areas of the face where sun would naturally hit or apply it in a 3 shape on each side of your face. Doing so will create a natural bronzed look without looking totally fake and muddy!
- BLUSH: Using blush is the key to a beautiful makeup look. For this look I applied the MAC Powder Blush in the shade “Burnt Pepper” to the apples of my cheeks with a MAC 165 brush.
ON MY EYES👁:
- PRIMER: Your eyes need to be primed just like your face does. Our lids can get oily throughout the day. It is important to give your eyeshadow a solid base to stick to. The primer will also make your eyeshadow go on smoother! I used the Too Faced Shadow Insurance 24+ Hour Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer for this look!
- EYESHADOW: I used the Tartelette In Bloom palette which is one of my favorites! I first applied the color “Charmer” with a MAC 217 brush all over my eye lids to set the primer. I applied the color “Flower Child” into my crease with a MAC 217 brush. I then applied the color “Rebel” lightly into my crease with a MAC 221 brush and blended it upward. Next I mixed the colors “Leader” and “Smokeshow” & applied to my outer corner with a MAC 221 brush. For my lids I used the MAC 239 brush to apply the color “Firecracker” and then I packed on the color “Funny Girl” over “Firecracker” to give my lids a little more pop! After I applied all of the eye shadows, I took the MAC 224 brush and blended them out so that all edges would be smooth. I applied the color “Firecracker” to my lower lash line instead of using eyeliner there.
- EYELINER & MASCARA: I used the Tarte Tarteist Clay Paint Eye Liner to create a small wing on my upper lash line. I applied a cheap drugstore mascara to my Ardell Go Glam lashes.
ON MY BROWS:
- I applied the Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade with a MAC 208 brush. This is one product that I will never stop using. If you fill in your brows or draw them on, then you know the fear of one getting wiped off LOL. It happens to us all. I haven’t had that problem since the day I started using the ABH dipbrow pomade. It has got you covered, babe! This stuff is waterproof and it doesn’t budge. No more worries or fears!
- I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel to set my brows. This product will keep them in place all day and night!
ON MY LIPS💋:
I applied the ColourPop Ultra Matte Lipstick in the color “Love Bug.” This is my absolute favorite lipstick color at the moment. It pulls together so many looks. I think it is the perfect shade for fall and it is beautiful on all skin tones. (This lipstick may or may not be in my upcoming giveaway 😉 Make sure you subscribe to Glamorous Gossip so that you don’t miss anything!)