We all dream of having perfectly bronzed, glowing skin! Unfortunately, it doesn’t come natural and easy for everyone. I am a mixture of Native American and Irish. My skin-tone is very olive and my skin burns very easily I have to be extremely careful in the sun! If you’re like me and you can’t lay out in the sun or in a tanning bed, you’re probably wondering what you can do to get your sun-kissed glow on. Well no more worries, my friend! I have lots of tips, tricks, and products listed below that will change your life.
FOR THE BODY GLOW
- Tan. The first step to this routine will be a self-tanner (unless you’re already tan, then you can skip this step). I highly recommend the Loving Tan 2 HR EXPRESS DARK SELF TANNING MOUSSE. There are several other colors to choose from, I just prefer ‘dark’. I have tested out so many different self-tanning brands, but so far this one is definitely the best there is. It last the longest, it is easy to apply, gives the most beautiful and deepest tan, doesn’t smell bad, doesn’t wear off in patches, and doesn’t dry your skin out. It is seriously a miracle self-tanner. I have been in love with it since the very first time I tried it. Plus, you only have to wear it for 2 hours, then you can rinse and go on about your day with a deep, dark, beautiful tan! It is a major beauty essential in my world. You can get it HERE and make sure you use my code ‘LOVINGTAN’ at checkout to receive a free exfoliating glove with any mousse purchase.
2. Moisturize. So the day after you tan, you’ll want to mix these COVER FX Custom Enhancer Drops with Kopari Organic Coconut Melt in Neutral and apply it to your body. You shouldn’t skip this step, because your skin will look so much more bronzy, luminous, youthful, and radiant after you moisturize. Using these 2 products together is very hydrating, has amazing benefits, and gives a gorgeous glow from head to toe!
3. Highlight. Next you can apply Wet n Wild MegaGlo Highlighter-Crown of My Canopy -322B Light or BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector® Poured Crème Highlighter to your collarbone and shoulders. For a slimming and lengthening effect, apply the highlighter down the center of your arms and legs. Applying the highlighter to all of these areas is going to be completely eye-catching and simply gorgeous. You will look like a supermodel!
*Apply your self-tanner once a week, and repeat steps 2 & 3 daily. Doing so will keep your skin looking sun-kissed and radiant every day.
FOR THE FACE GLOW
For this makeup look, we are going to do the minimum. The outcome will look like your skin, but way more sun-kissed, healthy, glowy, bronzy, and radiant. Try applying all of the products below as lightly as possible. Start with a small amount of product and build up if needed. The thicker it gets, the less radiant and natural it will look. I am using all liquid and cream products. I don’t use powder for this look, but if you need to you can. The goal is to keep the skin very hydrated and bright for this look. We just want to enhance the natural beauty and complexion.
1. Moisturize. There are so many amazing moisturizers out there. Try OLEHENRIKSEN Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer or Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel. These really hydrate my skin without making it oily, and it also plumps my skin which makes it look more youthful.
2. Apply foundation or BB/CC cream, or skip this step and just apply concealer instead. I prefer a CC cream like It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+ • It Cosmetics • $38 . If you need more coverage, you can try Armani Women’s Luminous Silk Foundation – Beige • Giorgio Armani • $64 . For a cheaper alternative, try L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation • L’Oreal • $12.99
You can mix MAC Strobe Cream • M·A·C • $33 with your foundation to create even more luminosity.
3. Conceal. My favorite concealer for this look is BECCA Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer • Becca • $30. For a cheaper alternative, try Maybelline Fit Me Concealer • Maybelline • $6.99.
4. Bronze. This is a huge step. I love Benefit Dew The Hoola Matte Liquid Bronzer – Bronze • Benefit Cosmetics • $28. It gives a natural, radiant glow! Apply this to cheekbones, temples, hairline, sides of nose, chin, and down the neck. If you are wanting a little more bronze, you can use a powder bronzer such as Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick Compact • Bobbi Brown • $48. I love how it makes you look like you’ve been on a tropical island!
5. Apply blush. I like to apply a cream blush such as Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Last Looks Cream Blush • Juice Beauty • $24 onto my cheek bones, and a tiny bit over my nose to give my skin a sun-kissed looked. Go for pink or peach tones. These will look natural and very sun-kissed like you’ve spent a day at the beach.
6. Highlight. This is the most important step if you want the glow. Apply Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter • Marc Jacobs • $44 or COVER FX Custom Enhancer Drops • $42 to the tops of your cheekbones, a little above each brow, the inner corners of your eyes, underneath your brow on the brow bone, down the bridge of the nose, the tip of your nose, the upper center part of your top lip, and to the center of your chin. Both of these highlighters are incredible. They get the job done. Once you’re done with this step, you could be seen from space! If you want an even more intense glow, apply a powder highlighter on top of the liquid.
Lipstick. Apply a moisturizing lipstick such as tarte Rainforest of The Sea Color Splash Lipstick • Tarte • $21. You really just need a tint of color on your lips. Go for a color at least one shade up from your natural lip color. This will enhance the lips, and it will also bring the whole look together. I like a vibrant color to accentuate the tan. If you don’t like a bold lippie, go with a flushed pink or peachy color. I think these colors look very sun-kissed and natural.
Mascara. If you have really good lashes, you can skip this step. I think a little mascara can complete a look so beautifully. Mascara gives the eyes an instant lift and makes you look more youthful. Try Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara • Tarte • $23. It is my favorite mascara!
Brows. This is another step that can be skipped if you have good brows. I recommend using a brow gel such as Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel – Clear • Anastasia Beverly Hills • $22 just to shape them up a bit and keep them in place.
Eyeshadow. You can apply bronzy, neutral colored eyeshadows if you’d like to.
Achieving healthy, beautiful, bronzy, glowing skin is very simple. With just a few products and steps, you will have the most gorgeous faux bronzed glow ever. You’ll have people envying you, and probably asking you for your skin secrets!
Applying the self-tanner weekly is really the hardest part of this routine because it is maintenance, of course, but it is totally worth it.
I hope you beauties enjoyed this blog post. Have a fabulous day, and go get your glow on!